Some people mistakenly think that healthy, thick and heavy hair does not require any special care. The truth is that shampoo and conditioner are not enough for hair to remain in good condition, nourished and strong. If you do not provide it with protection, it quickly begins to dry out, the ends are damaged and in consequence, healthy, strong wisps of low porosity will turn into medium porosity and will require a lot more treatments.
Hair of low porosity are heavy. Therefore, an important issue for such hair type is to strengthen the bulbs, which under the weight can weaken and strain. Over time, this can unfortunately lead to increased hair loss.
Scalp “bearing” low porosity hair, has not an easy life – covered with dense, thick strands, has limited access of oxygen. This is why the processes occurring on the surface can be disrupted. What are the effect? Scalp will eventually begin to produce excess sebum. Excessive seborrhea can also cause increased hair loss.
Therefore, not only nourishing hair over its entire length is extremely important, but also scalp and hair follicles. Natural oils, or to be more precise, a special group, are perfect for such treatments. All those oils that have small particles, are able to penetrate into the tightly closed hair cuticles of low porosity hair. These oils contain saturated fatty acids such as: lauric myristic, stearic and palmitic acid.
Oils suitable for low porosity hair:
- coconut oil
- palm oil
- linseed oil
- castor oil
- sunflower oil
With the use of natural oils, we are able to perform hair oiling. The most common and the most recommended methods of oiling low porosity hair include:
1. Oiling overnight (possibly several hours). Selected oil rubbed into the scalp and the hair (be careful not to overdo the amount, just about 5 grams of essential oil) and leave for the night or a few hours. Then rinse it off with a gentle shampoo free of synthetic substances (for example, without SLS, SLES). Such oiling is useful for low porosity hair once a week.
2. Oiling before washing. This method will not weigh hair down. You must leave it in for 15 to 30 minutes, then wash with a gentle shampoo and apply your favourite conditioner.
3. Oil on dry hair. This type of oiling can be done every day (for example, in the morning before styling your hair). Oil should be applied from the middle of the length, with particular emphasis on the ends – the most fragile part of hair.
For daily hair care with the use of oils or oiling before washing, you can choose cosmetics available in stores. Make sure they contain carefully selected blends of natural oils, for example:
- Coconut oil for hair Dabur Vatika
- Dabur Amla
- Bumble and bumble Invisible Oil
- Dove Serum-In-Oil
- ALTERNA Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil
- Kerastase Elixir Ultime, Oleo-Complexe, All Hair Types
- Khadi, Natural Products, Ayurvedic Hair Oil Amla
- KSHIR PAK Vidhi, SESA OIL, Long & Nourished Hair